Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Weather, Hopes, and Mood Swings


When I wake up in the morning, on a day like today, I have doubts.

Let's take a step back. I work as a full time park ranger during the midnight to eight a.m. shift. I don't sleep, I consider my "sleep" to be lousy fucking naps (excuse my ENGLISH, because I don't know how to speak french). And why do people say, "Excuse my french?" when they want their purposely spoken obscenities to be pardoned? Sorry, I am getting off track...

So, I am a park ranger, I watch the sunrise of every morning at around 5:30 a.m.; that is, if the sun decides to come up. That event has been quite rare this summer here in Rhode Island. Not to be a downer in anything, but I am the type of person who prepares for the worst and hopes for the best, that way I am never FULLY disappointed. So this weather thing, the sun, the shitty summer of 2009 here in New England, what can this be a metaphor of? well, this has been proably one of the hardest years for me in a while. Classes were disappointing, relationships seemed to never go my way, and that damn weather in general.

Here's my point. When you wake up on a day like today, and the newspaper SAYS it is going to be sunny with a high of 88 degrees Fahrenheit, but you look outside and it looks like Sleepy Hollow, what hope are you supposed to have? What worst are you supposed to prepare for? Do I follow my original plans and go to the beach?
... decisions, decisions...
The world has no room for indecisiveness, and the weather points that out. Make a decision.
Such is life.

4 comments:

  1. Whatever you decide in the end, all you can do is just hope that it was the right decision and not regret on it. Things happen for a reason--like our weather this summer. Perhaps we needed to realize that we take things for granted like Summer time. We assume that Summer is going to have nice 85-100 degree weather and many beach days galore but this summer it isn't. We have taking Summer for granted all the time and assume it was going to be the way it's "suppose to be." Things happen, all you can do is hope for the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. did no one get my play on french? haha jk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I know what you mean with that 'excuse my french' phrase! I mean, quite honestly, I'm NOT going to excuse your french because you're not speaking another language at all.:)
    Thanks for your comment- and for following.
    Be sure and pop by again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. People say "Pardon my French" because the British used to view all things French as sinful and offensive. So when they'd say something rude, they would say "Pardon my French" as a sort of slur.

    ReplyDelete