Thursday, August 6, 2009

Finally I'll Move Along (The Path of Decency)



One foot in front of the other,
There is no turning back now.
I've come this far and lost my sense of time, honestly; the
Righteous path of decency.

She came and went and came right back.
I'm a sucker for despair and apologies, I swear.
She hurt me once, she'll hurt me again
Life is a
Continuous lesson, even when your dead.

Am I
Stubborn? weak?
As I take my next step forward I speak
Inside my head as dreams of honest women remain a mirage I cannot make
Reality.

She came and went and came right back.
I'm a sucker for despair and apologies; too kind
And forgiving.This
Life is too damn short. But not short enough for me to be the one
To pull the plug this time.
You'll See...

4 comments:

  1. I like this a lot. At first, I was a tad bit confused (that's me for ya) but once I read it again, I completely understood what you were trying to express.

    PS. Stubborn?: Sometimes ;) Weak?: Not at all honey! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting post. And just as a (little) nudge of criticism, I think your post would work nicely if you put the photo as centered instead of to the side. Then the text could just flow together under the photo. :) I dunno, just my thought.

    And thanks for your comment! Will definitely follow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the poem. My only criticism is that the lines are a bit confusing. If they followed the cadence of the piece it would be a lot easier to follow, and it would flow smoother.
    For instance:

    Life is a
    Continuous ...


    Why not put them on the same line?

    PS: I removed the Short Story post because I re-edited it and then sent it to a magazine for publication. If it doesn't get republished then I will repost it.

    ReplyDelete