Monday, August 10, 2009

Lazy, Waste of... I don't know...

I am a State worker this summer. Full Time job this summer; great pay, no boss, lousy co-workers. Honestly. I am not some typical lazy-ass guy who expects goodness and rewards to appear at my feet like some Greek God. I enjoy working hard with schoolwork, jobs and relationships; I like to purchase my own materials and personal entertainment because it makes me feel better about the product and myself. I feel accomplished. I feel like I and GrOwInG into what I'd LiKe tOooooo ... become.

At my job, for example, as a department they don't ask you to do much. And to be honest 40 hours a week is a long time to "not be doing much". But we, as workers, can certainly make the best of it. While I prefer to take action with DOING my job and being curious, these pack of local lazys would rather sit around with their hands... well.

Typical State Workers.
Who am I though?
And I know I will be surrounded by people I disagree with my whole life. It is just sad to see so many people who take life for granted. And don't understand how life is too short to bitch about the small stuff. Take a chane! Step out of your boundaries! Do something illegal (safely)...! you know what I mean...
Seriously, if you're going camping and a site next to you at 1 am is being a little too loud for you to be able to go to sleep- instead of bitching at the main office about it,
get your lazy fit-to-schedule ass up and go have a drink with the site!
This is all to be taken literal AND metaphorical!
Don't be lazy!.. too much.
Work hard at your job, even if it is easy!
Do more than what is expected of you!
Reach for dreams that people around you veiw as impossible to achieve.
Life is too short.
Don't be my lazy co-worker.
Be my inspiration.

1 comment: