Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Giving Tree Is Me


Give a little bit and
The Giving Tree will be happy.
This is what the boy was told, until
The environment proved otherwise, sadly.

I am sick of lying awake; wasting my time
dreaming of a false reality.
Friendship is a fallacy
that I cannot change.

No matter how hard I try
I will never convince you
of the right I've done; and
how selfish you've become.

Poor unfortunate souls,
you are. I almost feel sorry for you.
And you'll never understand the friend you had
until he's long forgotten you.

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! I really really like this =D! I completely understand as well love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is such a lovely poem. Wonderfully written. :)

    Thank you for your sweet note! And yes, racism is NEVER welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand this completely as well. Just be you and your giving self and it will be appreciated by those who truly care about you.

    ReplyDelete