Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Day Is Done


She passes me, and I am unaltered
by her smile.
Her porcelain skin glistens in the dark.
The raindrops stagger off
the tips of her eyelashes.

I am content with my ways, but
how does this happen?
touched on the surface;
I'm lost. I have lost
A reason to acknowledge her.

She has her flaws; they are unmistakable.
I harness my ignorance and comfort my conscience.
And like the day that floats away,
the earth makes its great escape
from the burning sun.

So down that deep dark alley, I walk...
to start over.

3 comments:

  1. I love this one. It touches on so many levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, I really like this. It's so much better when you read it out loud to me =] <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very insightful. A beautiful way of looking at how days pass us by (if my interpretation is correct). Love it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete